Here are some essential information for the June 2017 trip to Silk Road, Dunhuang China
Departure : 4th June 2017, Shanghai Pudong Airport
Return : 10th Jun 2017, Shanghai Pudong Airport
Min : 10 guest
Max : 16 guest
- Dunhuang - Established in 111 BC it was an important gateway to the West as a centre of commerce along the Silk Road. It was a meeting place of various people and religions such as Buddhism.
- Mogao Caves - A system of Buddhist cave temples near the city of Dunhuang, they were a center of culture on the Silk Road from the 4th to the 14th centuries which contain religious artworks spanning the entire period. It is the 3rd heritage site in China to be inscribed on UNESCO World Heritage list.
- Gobi desert – The most notable desert in history as part of the great Mongol Empire,. It is the location of several important cities along the Silk Road.
- Yadan National Geological Park and Devil town - famous for its largest scale of landforms with unique rock formations developed over a period of 700,000 years.
- Crescent Lake - An oasis in the Gobi desert, it is surrounded the numerous sand dunes. Camel rides and mesmeric sunset photo opportunities at Mingshashan sand dunes.
- Zhangye Danxia Landform Geological Park - Rows of reddish rock formations streaked in pink, white, yellow, grey and green in a colourful formation
- Jiayuguan - The first pass at the west end of the Great Wall of China, it is one of the most intact surviving ancient military building in China.
- Lanzhou - A hot spot on the ancient Silk Road. The only provincial capital city with the Yellow River flowing through. Experience the traditional way of cruising down the Yellow River on an ancient-style sheepskin raft made up of a dozen inflated sheepskins.
- Fully private tour in vehicle (33seat- 45seater)
- 6 nights accommodation in comfortable hotels (a mixture of 3 - 4star, local standard)
- Room is twin sharing basis (Single supplement is additional SGD250)
- All entrance fees and permits
- Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 3 meals a day
- English speaking guides for the entire trip
- XA tour leader X 1 , Asia Geo tour leader X 1 (if it is maximum capacity 16)
- 3 domestic flights include tax and surcharges (Shanghai to Lanzhou return, Dunhuang to Lanzhou one way)
- China domestic Travel insurance covered.
- International flight to Shanghai , China
- Arrangement to Shanghai Pudong Airport
- Visa entry to China (if applicable)
- Additional beverages (including alcohol) not included in meals
- Any other incidental expenses incurred by participants
- Tips for both driver and local guide per person (voluntary basis)
Here are the detail of the itinerary, for Silk Road China, scheduled for 4th to 10th Jun 2017.
Day 1 - 4th June 2017 Shanghai - Lanzhou, Ganshu Province
Day 2 - 5th June 2017 Zhangye Danxia National Geological Park
Day 3 - 6th June 2017 JiayuGuan Pass
Day 4 - 7th June 2017 Dunhuang and Gobi Desert
Day 5 - 8th June 2017 Yumen Pass, Dunhuang Yardang National Geopark
Day 6 - 9th June 2017 Mogao Caves
Day 7 - 10th June 2017
Cost per head: SGD2,488 only*
Include One year subscription plus an official (One) polo T-shirt
*Refer to inclusions and exclusions of cost per head
Booking for our Uzbekistan and India expeditions are not yet open. However, send us your details in an expression of interest and we will update you with the itinerary and dates in due course.
In 28 September 2017 - 4 October 2017, explore Samarkand and Bukhara in untouched Uzbekistan. A crossroad of cultures and a centre for Islamic scholarly study, Samarkand boasts a history going back hundreds of years. Bukhara, a World Heritage Site, has over 140 architectural monuments waiting to be explored.
In 9 December 2017 - 16 December 2017, discover Fatehpur Sikri in Uttar Pradesh, India. Once the capital of the Mughal Empire, it is home to one of the largest mosques in India, the Jama Masjid. An important stop for merchants navigating the routes across northern India, it showcases the significant architectural achievements of the Mughal Empire from the late 16th century.