We love hearing from you industry folks.
If you’d like to see your ad in our magazines or on our website, or if you just wanna say hi, please contact us.
Download our print media kit here.
For the online media kit or for any other enquiries, drop us a note!
- Assist in all aspects of design of collaterals for magazines, fliers, promotions and events
- Assist in editing of videos
- Ad hoc design related duties as assigned
- Must know inDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, video editing software
- Motivated individual who can multi task in team setting and also work independently when needed
- IMPORTANT: This position is only open to local Singaporean STUDENTS seeking an internship.
VOLUNTEERS FOR ADEX SINGAPORE 2017
(7 to 9 April)
Job description: Perform specific duties during three-day ADEX show (ticketing, photography, tech support, etc.)
This is an unpaid position but volunteers will be rewarded with a free goodie bag
Please also indicate your last drawn & expected salaries, reasons for leaving your previous employment, earliest commencement date. Please send us the link of your published works.
Please also note that we are located in the east.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
In this annual special travel edition, we invite you to travel through history: Journey in the footsteps of Genghis Khan through the lands from the Mongol Empire with some breathtaking scenery captured in our photo essay. Explore Japan, Thailand and India through their ancient sporting traditions, get inked by a tribal tattoo master, leave your shoes at the door and take a pilgrimage, or join the throng of one of Asia’s many vibrant festivals.
"Travel Without Borders" This magazine is a resourceful read for all your travel needs throughout the Asia Pacific. Each issue will shine the spotlight on a specific region, packed with compelling travel stories, useful travel tips and practical advice to give readers the scoop on the region's best-kept-secrets and the best times to go - everything the guidebooks don't tell you! You'll also gain insights on the land, history, people, culture and festivals. All of these we consider essential for a complete travel experience.
This issue of ASIAN Geographic Junior is all about great journeys. We feature Admiral Zheng He on the cover, whose voyages across the Seven Seas made him one of Asia’s greatest icons. From colourful pilgrimages to historic modes of transport, let’s travel in this issue to learn about the significance of journeys.
This issue of ASIAN Geographic Junior is dedicated to the Superwomen among us! From politics to arts, science and young female inventors, these Superwomen have entered history’s hall of fame for their courage and creativity.
Climate change is serious business - so let’s put the green mantra “reduce, reuse and recycle” into practice. In this issue, we check out 10 wacky eco-friendly inventions, 8 hardy animals who adapt quickly to changing climates and look back at some of history’s worst environmental disasters in Asia. There’s also an arts and craft section to make your own swimming sea turtles from recycled plastic bottles!
In ASIAN Geographic JUNIOR’s first issue of 2016 we are going bananas over our primate friends, because it’s the Chinese zodiac Year of the Monkey! Look out for how monkeys have been portrayed in popular culture, from Sun Wukong’s Journey to the West to Disney cartoons and Hollywood films. We also get serious and study their habitats in the tropical rainforest, learning why it’s important to preserve the jungles - no monkey business here.
RELIANCE ON INFORMATION POSTED & DISCLAIMER
The materials contained on our site are provided for general information purposes only and do not claim to be or constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon as such.
We do not accept any responsibility for any loss which may arise from accessing or reliance on the information on this site and to the fullest extent permitted by English law, we exclude all liability for loss or damages direct or indirect arising from use of this site.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.asiangeo.com is a site operated by Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd ("We"); we are a company registered in Singapore. We are regulated and authorised by the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority Singapore (ACRA).
ACCESSING OUR SITE
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice (see below). We will not be liable if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
FEES & PAYMENTS
Service Provider may charge you fees for products or services offered for sale through the Service, and/or for access to portions of the Service or the Service as a whole. You agree to pay all fees and charges, including applicable taxes, incurred through your account at the rates in effect for the billing period in which such fees and charges are incurred, including but not limited to charges for any products or services offered for sale through the Service by Service Provider or by any third party vendor or provider (such fees, charges and taxes shall collectively be referred to as “Fees”). Service Provider reserves the right to change the amount of, or basis for determining, any Fees, and to institute new Fees, effective upon prior notice to you. If you submit your credit, debit or charge card information to Service Provider upon registration or otherwise, you give Service Provider permission to charge all Fees incurred through your account to the credit, debit or charge card you designate. Any additional Fees (other than renewal fees) will be charged at the time they are incurred. If payment cannot be charged to your credit, debit or charge card or your payment is returned to Service Provider for any reason, including charge back, Service Provider reserves the right to either suspend or terminate your account and all its obligations under this Agreement.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our site.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our site must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the materials on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we, and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time; and
- for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence),
- breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
VIRUSES, HACKING AND OTHER OFFENCES
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
The Singapore courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, a visit to our site.
Asian Geographic is a Singapore registered trade mark of Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us.
Thank you for visiting our website.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE HOLD?
We hold the following personal information:
- information which you voluntarily provide to us when using this website (including, without limitation, your name, postal address(es), telephone number(s) and e-mail address(es));
- and information about your use of this website.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We hold information which you provide to us for our own administrative, sales, marketing and product / service development purposes.
- Depending on the information which you have provided to us, we may contact you by letter, e-mail, fax, telephone or SMS. If you would rather not be contacted by us, please let us know at the address noted below.
- Unless we have your prior consent, we shall not sell, rent, trade or share any personal information which we hold except that:
- we may disclose information which is held by us where required to do so by law or in connection with legal proceedings;
- we may disclose aggregate statistics to third parties which are made up from statistics in respect of individual persons but these statistics will not include personally identifying information;
- we may disclose personal information to our legal, accounting, marketing or other professional advisers, our website hosts and our courier, postal or transport providers, and insurers (names and addresses only in the latter case);
- we may disclose personal information to other companies within the Asian Geographic Magazines group.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
WHAT PROCEDURES DO WE USE TO PROTECT YOUR PRIVACY?
- We undertake to process the personal information which we collect in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998 and other applicable laws relating to data protection.
- We have strict security procedures covering the storage and disclosure of your information (although we do not warrant that this is the case) in order to prevent unauthorised access. This means that we may ask for proof of identity before disclosing personal information to you.
- This website contains links to other websites. Equally, other websites may provide links to this website. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies, if any, of each and every website which you use.
- Please note that the Internet is not a secure medium. When submitting personal information to us using the Internet, your details may not be secure from access by third parties. The submission of personal information to us using the Internet is therefore made at your own risk.
- We will also, on written request from you, amend any personal information which we hold about you. Where we amend the personal information which we hold about you, we will generally retain a copy of the previous version for our records. However, as noted above, we will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is necessary for the purposes noted above.
- Please note that, if you are under 16 years old, you must provide us with the name and address of your parent or guardian. We will let him or her know that you are providing us with personal information and seek any necessary consents from him or her.
- We operate a policy of 100% opt-in marketing. The contact details you provide (such as your telephone number, fax number, postal address and email address) may be used by us to send you information about products and services. Your contact details will not be provided to any third parties for the purposes of direct marketing. Your contact details will only be used in this way if you have previously indicated your consent to receiving such messages.
- All marketing messages sent to you by us will contain a statement re-iterating these instructions as to how to opt-out.
FURTHER IMPORTANT POINTS
LANGUAGES OF ASIA In this 17th anniversary edition, ASIAN Geographic examines the diversity of languages and dialects across Asia. From the development of Japanese characters at the hands of scholarly samurai, to the myriad languages and dialects of minority tribes in Myanmar, explore the nuances of the languages we use today, the tragedy of those that stand on the brink of extinction, and the hope for rejuvenating those that are all but lost. We also investigate the escalating war between formal and informal gold mining contingents in Mongolia, and explore the unique language of love of among the Mosuo people of China.
Travel with ASIAN Geographic to discover the first peoples who migrated to the Asian continent in our picturesque series by Jimmy Nelson. Find out about migrating comets in the Oort Cloud, the nomadic way of life in Mongolia and the Chinese labourers to British Guiana and back. Even the earth does not remain still, as you will find in our feature of Pangaea. Come with us - we are all travellers here on Earth.
ASIAN Geographic celebrates Mother’s Day by honouring women who have paved the way in human rights, social justice and fearless photojournalism in Asia. We pay tribute to Alexandra Boulat’s photos of the 2003 Iraq invasion, remember Singapore’s renaissance woman Sylvia Kho and cover the plight of abused women in India’s Pink War amongst other stories.
In the second issue of 2016, ASIAN Geographic delves to the heart of the planet and its warming climate. Coming at the back of the Paris Climate Talks, we look at how impactful the new agreements are to Asian countries and how we are taking steps to ensure the survival of our planet.
In the first issue of 2016, ASIAN Geographic takes a closer look at the simian race as we move into the zodiac Year of the Monkey, from monkey gods worshipped in every corner of the Asian continent to the 5th-century Monkey Temple in Nepal and the 16th-century Chinese fable ‘Journey to the West’.
With over 9,000 entries from over 100 countries for a single competition year, the Images of Asia Photography Competition has been enjoyed by readers of ASIAN Geographic magazine for the past 14 years. In the past, guests have included legendary photographers Michael Yamashita, Michael Freeman and Steve McCurry. Photography legends and enthusiasts have gathered to celebrate the vitality and diversity of Asia in pictures. One of the highlights of the competition is the much-anticipated 'live' judging panel consisting of key industry leaders and photography professionals. We offer prizes in the following categories:
(1) PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2016-2017
This category takes in portraits of people in Asia, reflecting one of the region's greatest offerings: the diversity of its cultures.
(2) STREET PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2016-2017
This year, we are particularly interested in receiving works of street photography – images that capture fleeting moments of people going about their daily lives.
(3) ENVIRONMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2016-2017
This category highlights some of the most relevant environmental issues in the region, from climate change to forest conservation
(4) ARCHITECTURE / LANDSCAPE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2016-2017
From the most iconic manmade structural designs to nature's vistas, this category welcomes the best of Asia's landscapes and cityscapes
(5) WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2016-2017
This category celebrates the unique wildlife of Asia, on land and underwater. From miniscule insect species to rare large mammals, we want to see the best of the region's fauna
(6) YOUTH PHOTOGRAPHER OF THE YEAR 2016-2017
No matter where you’re from in the world, you are eligible to enter in this category if:
• You are below 21 on the date of submission (proof of age is mandatory with submissions)
• Photos are of Asia (see UN Geoscheme of Asia region)
Please read carefully to avoid jeopardising your chances of winning. Good luck!
Submissions close before August 1, 2017 at 00:00 (GMT+8)
> Subscribers to our printed version of ASIAN Geographic may submit up to five photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
> E-Magazine subscribers may submit up to three photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
> Non-subscribers will be charged a submission fee of US$10 per photo. If a non-subscriber submits three photos (US$30) and more, they will automatically receive a one year e-Magazine subsciption free of charge (worth US$16.99).
- Colour Mode: RGB
- File Format: JPG (we do not process RAW files)
- JPG Compression: High Quality (low compression)
- Dimensions: 14″/35cm (at 300 dpi) or 4100px in the longest dimension (regardless of whether it is a portrait or landscape image)
Name each jpg file according to the following template : Category_Participation Number_Title_Location.jpg
Example: PA_12345_Mother and Child_India.jpg
PP = People/Street Photographer of the Year 2016-2017
SP = Street Photographer of the Year 2016-2017
ENV = Environmental Photographer of the Year 2016-2017
AA = Architecture / Landscape Photographer of the Year 2016-2017
WL = Wildlife Photographer of the Year 2016-2017
YP = Youth Photographer of the Year 2016-2017
1. Read the contest rules carefully
2. Submit the online entry form (scroll down)
3. Pay your entry fee via the secure PayPal website*
4. Receive a confirmation email with:
a. your submission details
b. payment link to the secure PayPal website**
5. Submit your photos according to the image specifications and submission guidelines.
* PayPal offers a secure payment gateway and accepts all common credit cards. No registration is required.
** Only applicable if you are not doing the payment directly after submitting the entry form.
Image Submission of files larger than 50mb
1. Create a folder with your email address.
2. Collect your images in this folder.
3. Create a compressed archive file (ZIP, SIT or RAR) of the folder
5. Wait for a notification. We will check and confirm every single submission. if you will not hear from us within one week after your submission, please contact us.
Please note: For environmental reasons, the preferred method of entry is electronically. However, if this method is not possible due to slow/limited internet connection, you can physically submit your images on CD to:
Images of Asia 2016-2017
Asian Geographic Magazines Pte Ltd
20 Bedok South Road