Celebrating 25 Years of Bringing Asia to the World in 2024
Images of Asia
PHOTO/VIDEO/ART COMPETITION 2023–24
ASIAN Geographic celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2024, and we’re marking the occasion with the biggest-ever edition of our flagship Images of Asia (IOA) Photo/Video/Art Competition. Enjoyed by readers for the past 16 years, this prestigious contest has attracted amazing entries by both amateur and professional photographers, filmmakers and artists with a singular focus: celebrating the vitality and diversity of Asia.
Calling for entries: You are invited to submit your best photos, short films and visual artworks in seven categories: Street/People Photography, Nature/Wildlife Photography, Architecture/Landscape Photography, Documentary Short Film, Mobile Photography, Drone Photography, and Visual Artwork. Whether you shoot with a mirrorless camera, compact, DSLR, drone or even your smartphone, we want to see your perspective on Asia!
PRIZES: 25 winners will join Asian Geographic Expeditions organised in conjunction with partner tour operators and tourism boards
- Bringing Asia to the World – Celebrate the Vitality and Diversity of Asia
- Street/People Photography
Explore Asia’s diverse cultures through candid images of life in the region’s inhabited places and environmental portraits of its people
- Nature /Wildlife Photography
Exhibit Asia’s natural beauty through its landscapes and seascapes, and the amazing creatures that live both above and below the waterline
- Architecture /Landscape Photography
Celebrate the creativity and ingenuity of master craftspeople through the buildings and structures found across the Asian continent
- Documentary Short Film
Share a story about Asian culture, wildlife or geography
- Mobile Photography
Shoot Asia in all its glory using your phone’s camera
- Drone Photography
Capture Asia from a bird’s-eye perspective
- Visual Artwork
Create an artistic work that explores an Asian theme
Submissions close on Sunday, September 1, 2024, at 23:59PM (GMT+8).
- Subscribers to our printed version of ASIAN Geographic may submit up to five photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
- E-Magazine subscribers may submit up to three photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
- Non-subscribers will be charged a submission fee of US$10 per photo. If a non-subscriber submits three photos (US$30) and more, they will automatically receive a one-year e-Magazine subscription free of charge (worth US$16.99).
- Submission: Submit your entry through this portal; physical artworks should be photographed and submitted as images
- File Format: JPG/JPEG
- Compression: High Quality (low compression)
- Colour Mode: RGB
- Dimensions: 14″/35cm at 300dpi or 4100px in the longest dimension (portrait or landscape)
- Submission: Do NOT submit your entry through this portal. Use a file transfer service (WeTransfer/Google Drive/Dropbox) to submit your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org
- File Format: MOV/MP4 at 1080/30p
- Duration: Strictly no more than 5 minutes
Name your file according to the following template:
Location Code_Category Code_Medium Code_Entrant Name_Title
Example: ID_SP_VIM_John Doe_Mother and Child_Mumbai.jpg
UE=United Arab Emirates
SF=Documentary Short Film
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com
FEATURING THE IMAGES OF ASIA COMPETITION JUDGES
- After Thursday, 01.08.24, 23:59pm (GMT+8), submissions will be reviewed, shortlisted, and the top 3 for each of the 10 categories will open for public voting through Asian Geographic website. Voting channels will also be announced on the Asian Geographic Facebook page and Asian Geographic Instagram page.
- The voting for the respective 7 categories will close on Thursday, 01.08.24, 23:59pm (GMT+8).
- The Top 30 entries will enter a final round of Live Judging sessions during ADEX Japan on Friday, 27.08.24, 10:00am (subject to change) for a winner to be crowned from each category.
1. Read the contest rules carefully
2. Submit the online entry form (scroll down)
3. Pay your entry fee via the secure PayPal
4. Receive a confirmation email with your submission details
- Only photographs taken within Asia as outlined in the United Nations geoscheme for Asia will be eligible for the contest.
- Photos submitted must not be winning entries of any other competition in the past 6 months.
- Digital manipulation of photographs other than cropping is disallowed.
- Asian Geographic Magazines reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not adhere to the stipulated rules and guidelines or are obscene, vulgar, profane, libellous, false and pornographic in nature.
- Entrants should be the sole producer and owner of the photographs submitted.
Additional Rules for Youth Category:
- You should be 21 years of age and below on the day of submission. You are still eligible if your birthday falls on the day of submission itself.
- Written consent should accompany entries of participants who are below 16 years of age.
Additional Rules for Short Films Category:
- A feature film is defined as a work of fiction or non-fiction that equals or exceeds 60 minutes in length including opening and end credits.
- A short film is defined as a work of fiction or non-fiction that is 30 minutes or less in length including opening and end credits.
- Southeast Asia is defined as Cambodia, East Timor, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Brunei, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.
- Asia is defined as Abkhazia, Afghanistan, Armenia, Artsakh, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Cyprus, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, Macau, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, North Cyrups, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Korea, South Ossetia, Sri Lanka, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
- The entrant is responsible for all necessary copyright clearances for material used in their submitted works, and shall fully indemnify the Festival from any damage resulting from copyright infringement lawsuits from other parties.