Celebrating 25 Years of Bringing Asia to the World in 2024
Images of Asia
PHOTO/VIDEO/ART COMPETITION 2023–24
ASIAN Geographic celebrates its 25th anniversary in 2024, and we’re marking the occasion with the biggest-ever edition of our flagship Images of Asia (IOA) Photo/Video/Art Competition. Enjoyed by readers for the past 16 years, this prestigious contest has attracted amazing entries by both amateur and professional photographers, filmmakers and artists with a singular focus: celebrating the vitality and diversity of Asia.
Calling for entries: You are invited to submit your best photos, short films and visual artworks in seven categories: Street/People Photography, Nature/Wildlife Photography, Architecture/Landscape Photography, Documentary Short Film, Mobile Photography, Drone Photography, and Visual Artwork. Whether you shoot with a mirrorless camera, compact, DSLR, drone or even your smartphone, we want to see your perspective on Asia!
PRIZES: 25 winners will join Asian Geographic Expeditions organised in conjunction with partner tour operators and tourism boards
- Bringing Asia to the World – Celebrate the Vitality and Diversity of Asia
- Street/People Photography
Explore Asia’s diverse cultures through candid images of life in the region’s inhabited places and environmental portraits of its people
- Nature /Wildlife Photography
Exhibit Asia’s natural beauty through its landscapes and seascapes, and the amazing creatures that live both above and below the waterline
- Architecture /Landscape Photography
Celebrate the creativity and ingenuity of master craftspeople through the buildings and structures found across the Asian continent
- Documentary Short Film
Share a story about Asian culture, wildlife or geography
- Mobile Photography
Shoot Asia in all its glory using your phone’s camera
- Drone Photography
Capture Asia from a bird’s-eye perspective
- Visual Artwork
Create an artistic work that explores an Asian theme
Submissions close on Sunday, September 1, 2024, at 23:59PM (GMT+8).
- Subscribers to our printed version of ASIAN Geographic may submit up to five photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
- E-Magazine subscribers may submit up to three photos for free. For each additional photo, a US$10 submission fee will be charged.
- Non-subscribers will be charged a submission fee of US$10 per photo. If a non-subscriber submits three photos (US$30) and more, they will automatically receive a one-year e-Magazine subscription free of charge (worth US$16.99).
- Submission: Submit your entry through this portal; physical artworks should be photographed and submitted as images
- File Format: JPG/JPEG
- Compression: High Quality (low compression)
- Colour Mode: RGB
- Dimensions: 14″/35cm at 300dpi or 4100px in the longest dimension (portrait or landscape)
- Submission: Do NOT submit your entry through this portal. Use a file transfer service (WeTransfer/Google Drive/Dropbox) to submit your entry to email@example.com
- File Format: MOV/MP4 at 1080/30p
- Duration: Strictly no more than 5 minutes
Name your file according to the following template:
Location Code_Category Code_Medium Code_Entrant Name_Title
Example: ID_SP_VIM_John Doe_Mother and Child_Mumbai.jpg
UE=United Arab Emirates
SF=Documentary Short Film
Questions? Please do not hesitate to contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org